Richardson Lane Watershed

Richardson Lane Watershed
Richardson Lane Watershed

Saturday, September 19, 2015

A day at work in the Banister River Watershed

I get to work all over the place.
This past week I spent my days in Halifax County.
This particular location was associated with a closed landfill.
Landfills are perhaps an overlooked resource.  They are full of biodiversity, of you just take the time to look around.

I was in the Winn Creek watershed.  This is part of the Terrible Creek watershed, which is part of the Banister River watershed.

I wasn't alone, check out my co-workers.






Okay, these two were weird.  I thought the brown fuzball was a leaf.  I bent down to check out the Saddleback caterpillar and the brown leaf unfolded and walked away.  It's a Monkey Slug Caterpillar. Quite a site.

No comments:

Post a Comment